Everyone today is focused on that benchmark, the first hundred days of the Obama administration. What has he done? What has he failed to do? What has the First Lady done? What has she worn? Mama mia!
A lot more went on in the world then the Obamas moving into the White House. So, I thought I’d take a look back, in no particular order, at what else has happened in the last hundred days:
- In February, the price of single-family homes in 20 major metropolitan areas fell 18.6 percent from the year earlier, compared with a record drop of 19 percent in January.
- Halliburton pays nearly half-a-billion dollar fine to SEC for bribes to Nigerian leaders to secure construction contracts.
- Iranian-American journalist Roxana Saberi convicted of spying in Tehran.
- Modern day pirates launch terrorist attacks on the high seas.
- Major earthquake devastates central Italy and claims 295 lives.
- Scientists say Antarctic Ice Shelf is in dire straits.
- British woman Susan Boyle goes viral on Youtube as overnight singing sensation.
- New York Yankees bomb in season opener at the house that George built.
- Swine flu takes a toll on North America.
- And last but definitely not least, Bernie Madoff celebrated today – he turned 71 – in jail!
It all happened in the last 100 days – and none of it had anything to do with the Obamas.